Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Sweet Crepes

Sweet Crepes
Nomnomnom. I love crepes. I'd get them when I go to the night market or something. But this one time, I had it and it was super greasy. It was gross so I was sad. The next day when I was trying to figure out what to make for breakfast, I decided to just try to make it for myself. Success! And SUPER easy. I can't even believe it.

The other day I made more cuz I had some leftover whipped cream, custard and strawberries in the fridge. I figure it was the perfect way to get rid of them. Although I still like filling them with Nutella and strawberries the most. Same with K. Just blogging this with him in my lap, he's pointing at the picture and asking for more. LOL.


Sweet Crepes
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 Tbsps sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsps whole milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 Tbsps butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Butter for greasing the pan
  • Filling options: Nutella, sliced strawberries, blueberries, custard, sliced bananas, whipped cream, melted chocolate, jam, etc.

Directions:
  1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and sugar. Whisk in eggs, milk, water, butter and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth.
  2. Heat up a nonstick pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with just a light layer or butter. Pour batter in the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Once the edges get dry (about a minute or so, depending on your pan), flip and cook for another 15 seconds or so, until the other side is cooked. Transfer to a plate to cool/fill. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
  3. Spread filling on one side of the crepe, fold the non-filled side over the filled side and then fold in half again. Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment