Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Mom's Meat Sauce

Mom's Meat Sauce
Most people will probably think this is too sweet and it's sacrilege but it's a taste of childhood for my sibs and me. And man did we ever love our ketchup. This is definitely one way to have your kid have spaghetti and meat sauce if they love ketchup the way K does and the way my sis and I did as kids.

We used to have this as "sloppy joes" with buns, or with rice or with spaghetti (our fave way to eat it). I introduced this sauce to K last night and he had a healthy portion of it. Any way I can get him to have any meat, I'm happy. :)


Mom's Meat Sauce
(serves 4-5)

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs lean ground beef
  • 1 10 3/4 oz (305g) can condensed tomato soup
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 - 1 Tbsp sugar
  • Salt, to taste

Directions:
  1. Heat up a large pot (or in my mom's case, a wok) over medium high heat. When pot is hot, add beef and cook until no longer pink. Season with a pinch of salt.
  2. Once meat is cooked, stir in tomato soup, 1/2 cup of ketchup and a 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. Mix well until sauce is hot and bubbly. Taste and season with more ketchup, sugar and/or salt, if needed.
  3. Serve over spaghetti, rice or use as a "sloppy Joe" filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment