Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chunky Guacamole

Chunky GuacamoleOne of the best ones I've ever made. I made it the first time for K's birthday and couldn't get enough of it. I had made almost a litre of this for his birthday and I thought we were going to run out of it. Luckily we had started eating real food instead of just snacks so I had more than enough. :D

May be used as a spread for sandwiches and wraps. I had it as a dip for nachos the other night. I have a feeling it would be awesome on top of a fried egg with a side of bacon. >_>


Chunky Guacamole
(makes 1 1/2 cup)

Ingredients:
  • 3 avocados, diced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 3 green onions, diced
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
  • Pinch of kosher salt
  • Juice of half a lime

Directions:
  1. Mash cilantro, green onions, jalapeño pepper and kosher salt in a mortar and pestle.
  2. Add lime juice. Mix well.
  3. Fold in diced avocados to keep the guacamole chunky.
  4. Serve with nachos or tortilla chips immediately. 

Store any leftovers in an airtight container. to help keep guacamole from turning brown, oil one side of a Saran Wrap and place directly on the surface of the guacamole. The oil will help keep oxygen out, which is what makes the avocado turn brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment