Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Breakfast Sausage Patties

Breakfast Sausage Patties on Breakfast Dinner PlateI love breakfast for dinner. Who wouldn't? It's actually the best time to MAKE breakfast in my opinion. I mean...who really wants to get up super early to make breakfast sausages and pancakes from scratch while cooking eggs and bacon? I know I don't. But that's probably because I'm not that fast of a cook. I really should learn to organize myself some more. It'd probably help me spend less time in the kitchen cooking. Lol. Maybe one day I'll do it. I"m sure I will. Just not now. Maybe tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the day after that.....


Breakfast Sausage Patties
(makes 6 small or 4 large patties)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground pork
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp ground allspice
  • 1/4 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp dried sage
  • 1 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Breakfast Dinner Plate Directions:
  1. Mix everything, EXCEPT olive oil, together in a medium bowl.
  2. Split meat mixture into 4 or 6 sections and form each section into a patty. Make a thumbprint in the middle of each patty.
  3. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Fry patties 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 160F.
  4. Serve with bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, waffle, etc.

I burnt my sausages a little. Whoops. Distractions will do that to you. They were still yummy though! Super juicy.

I had prepped the sausage patties a couple of hours and put them in the fridge before I fried them. If you're going to do that, it's a good idea to take them out 15-20 minutes before you cook them, just to take the chill off. It makes for more even cooking. And putting a thumbprint in the middle of the patties make them "dome up" a little less.


December 21, 2015 Update: I now make these super thin (faster cooking and better for sandwiches) and freeze them between layers of waxed paper in a ziploc bag. I just defrost them using the microwave when I wanna cook them in the morning and then pan fry them.


No comments:

Post a Comment