Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Tuna Salad Wrap

Tuna Salad WrapIt seems like I'm always in need of a quick dinner. Sure, I have some frozen meals to dump into the slow cooker but I haven't been able to find anything I REALLY like (although I did find something I REALLY didn't like). Maybe I'm just not a fan of slow cooking? I know, right? The horror! It's like me and roast beef. I tried making it at least 5 different times with different recipes and always failed. Then I actually had some during a buffet dinner somewhere and decided that it's really just well done steak. So not a fan. So maybe I didn't really fail all those times, but it's just that Hubby and I don't like that kind of taste. So maybe it's the same for slow cooking...????? Who knows, but maybe I'll figure it out in a couple of years or at least after a few more attempts at frozen slow cooker meals.

In any case, I haven't had tuna salad in a while and (as usual) I needed a quick dinner. No bread in the house but I do have a couple of tortilla wraps left. Score! I even made it with some Greek yogurt to increase the protein and decrease the fat. That oughtta offset that box of chocolates I devoured at work earlier today...right? XD


Tuna Salad Wrap
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 2 170g (7oz) cans of tuna, flaked with a fork
  • 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsps Greek yogurt
  • 1 celery rib, finely diced
  • 3 Tbsps capers, drained & minced
  • Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 flour tortillas
  • Butter/green/red lettuce or spring greens (optional)

Directions:
  1. Combine tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, celery, and capers in a small bowl and mix until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Spread some lettuce (optional) in the center of 1 of the tortillas. Spoon one half of the tuna salad on top of the lettuce. Fold the sides over the filling and roll up into a wrap. Repeat for second wrap.
  3. Slice each wrap in half and serve with a side salad and soup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment