Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Apple Pie Toddler Cereal

Apple Pie Toddler CerealI just got my Instant Pot! I couldn't wait to use it. I've always wanted a pressure cooker and I needed a new rice cooker but was a little hesitant on getting the one I've been eyeing. Hesitant cuz I've been considering lowering my carbs intake. I swear it's the only way I can lose weight. Without doing any exercise anyway lol. However, after three weeks, I always lose the battle and go crazy on carbs again. Sigh.

Anyway.......after some research and an awesome Mother's Day sale, I decided to get the Instant Pot! So excited!!! As soon as K went to bed, I unpacked my new toy and got to work making some "cereal" for the kiddo. I tried unpacking it when he was still awake, but he just kept throwing his Mega Bloks into the box and trying to eat the Styrofoam packaging. /facepalm


Apple Pie Toddler Cereal
(makes 6 cups)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup brown rice
  • 3 3/4 cups water
  • 4 peeled and cored gala apples, finely diced
  • 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar (optional)
  • 1 - 2 Tbsps cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Wash rice in cold water a couple of times until the water runs clearish. 
  2. Combine everything in the instant pot's pot. Mix well. 
  3. Turn on machine and press "congee" button. Press the "adjust" button until "more" is selected. Wait 10 seconds for the machine to start. 
  4. Go read a magazine or watch tv while the cereal cooks. The machine will beep when the cereal is done cooking. Wait 10 minutes or so before opening the lid. 
  5. Stir before serving. 

K ate a full cup of this stuff for breakfast the next day, so it must be good. I tasted it. So bland and icky, but he loves it and it's good for him so why not, right? I think I'll add more apples next time though. I used to make apple sauce and put that in there in place of the apples. And ground up the brown rice but now that he's older, he can handle the little chunks. Makes my life so much easier. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment