Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Potato & Egg Salad with Bacon

Potato & Egg SaladFather's Day BBQ at the in-laws. I'd feel bad if I don't bring something so I decide on potato and egg salad. I've been meaning to make this anyway and this was the perfect excuse. Heehee. It's totally yummy I thought a pound of bacon would be too much, but it totally isn't. There was none left at the end of the night! Or at least that's what it looked like. I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't really eat much. Hence I didn't hang out at the food table as much as I normally would have.


Potato & Egg Salad with Bacon
(serves 6-8)

Ingredients:
  • 3 lb russet potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
  • 4 green onions, finely diced
  • 2 celery stalks, finely diced
  • 1 lb bacon, chopped
  • 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsps horseradish Dijon mustard
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Strain and lay on a cookie sheet to cool. 
  2. In a large sauce pan, cook bacon bits until crispy. Spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil. Set aside to cool for a few minutes. 
  3. In a large mixing bowl, mix everything together. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.

Updated: Changed the name of the recipe since it has yummy bacon in it and my other totally vegetarian one doesn't. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment