Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Veggie Sticky Rice

Veggie Sticky Rice
Okay, so I made this a while ago. As in a month ago. I didn't get around to putting it up though since I had other stuff I wanted to put up first. HEEHEE.

That and because I like the non-vegetarian version way more. I'm a meatatarian! I try to blame it all on Hubby but it's true. I love my meats.....for some dishes anyway and this is definitely one of those dishes. But anyway, I decided to make this vegetarian cuz I had some leftover char siu and didn't want to dice it up into this dish. I rather eat the char siu whole as a side for this rice. It worked out pretty well. I think I might be able to use this as a side dish for other meat dishes in place of plain white rice. HMMM...

Note: I did use my Instant Pot to make the sticky rice, so the 1 "cup" is really 160ml, not the traditional 240ml cups. :)


Veggie Sticky Rice
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 1 "cup" sweet rice
  • 2 green onions, finely diced
  • 6 Shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated & finely diced
  • 1 small onion, finely diced
  • 3 Tbsps soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil

Directions:
  1. Cook sweet rice in the Instant Pot using the rice option. Move onto the next step once rice is cooked.
  2. In a wok, heat up oil on high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft. 
  3. Stir in rice. Season with soy sauce. Break up rice using a spatula and mix until everything is well incorporated. Turn off heat and mix in green onion.
  4. Serve as a side with a protein or by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment