Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Mexican Meatloaf

Mexican Meatloaf
So meatloaf reminds Hubby of dog food. WOW. Seriously? This delicious piece of meat. Dog food?! AIYA.../facepalm

He still ate it so it's all good and this means more leftovers for K and me! :D

I had no ground beef in the house so I had to make do with some ground pork. Good thing cuz I think I like it better when it's with ground pork. It reminds me of the "meat cookie" that my mom always made when we were kids. My mouth is salivating just thinking of it. Yum yum yum.

I assure you that this definitely didn't taste like "dog food". I liked it quite a bit and so did K. I can tell cuz he doesn't usually eat meat but he ate this and ate it for daycare the next day. Yes! /pumps fists


Mexican Meatloaf
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground pork
  • 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I used a pre-shredded Mexican blend)
  • 1/2 cup fresh salsa
  • 1/2 rolled oats
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • Salt and pepper, to taste (at least 1/2 tsp of each)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine everything and mix well.
  3. Transfer meat mixture onto the pan and shape into a loaf. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160F. If the top starts to burn, just lightly cover the top with aluminum foil.
  4. Take the meatloaf out and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
  5. Serve with rice and soup or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment