Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Ham & Egg "McMuffin"

Ham & Egg "McMuffin"
I do love my breakfast sandwiches. I especially love the sausage and egg mcmuffins from McD's (fast food wise). It's not hard to make, so sometimes I just make them at home when I make my breakfast sausage patties. But when I don't have those, I just use ham from the deli or bacon. To make my life easier though, I'll make the sandwich with a plain omelette rather than frying an egg the way McD does it. I don't have a ring mold and don't feel like cleaning it anyway. :)


Ham & Egg "McMuffin"
(serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 2 English muffins, split and toasted
  • 2 slices process or Cheddar cheese
  • 4 slices black forest ham
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • Salt, to taste
  • 2 tsps canola oil

Directions:
  1. In a skillet or omelette pan, heat up oil over medium low heat. Pour eggs into the pan, shifting the pan so that the eggs cover all of the bottoms. When almost no longer runny, sprinkle a pinch of salt and flip. Split round omelette into two. Fold one of the omelette halves into half and put it on top of a toasted English muffin slice. Repeat with the other half of the omelette.
  2. Place the ham slices onto the pan to warm up.
  3. To finish assembling the sandwiches, place 1 cheese slice on top of each of the eggs. Then top with heated ham, then the top of the English muffin.
  4. Serve with coffee or milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment