Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Smoked Sausage & Peppers

Smoked Sausage & Peppers
I really love smoked sausages. Probably cuz I love hot dogs...but I didn't feel like heating it up with some jar pasta sauce with pasta.

I actually wanted to have some rice. I haven't really had white rice with a side dish for a while and I was totally going through withdrawal. That being said, I just made this quick sausage and peppers to go with my rice. I could've just had canned fried dace with black bean sauce (drool) or pan fried spam (more drool) but Hubby doesn't like either one, so I had to make real food. (K already had steamed egg to go with his rice, so I didn't really have to worry about him.)


Smoked Sausage & Peppers
(serves 3)

Ingredients:
  • 3 links smoked Italian sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 2 bell peppers, any colour, cut into strips
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
  1. Heat up a large skillet with the extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Toss in smoked sausages and cook until the edges start to brown.
  2. Add in onions, peppers and garlic. Cook until sausages are browned, onions and peppers are fork tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Serve over rice or with plain pasta coated with extra virgin olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment