Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Raisin Cranberry Apple Oatmeal

Raisin Cranberry Apple Oatmeal
K has been having oatmeal since he was about 8 months old? Maybe a little older. But I've stopped giving him oatmeal for some time since he got sick of the Blueberry Oatmeal.

Now that he can have little chunks of apples without my having to worry about him choking, I almost never make him his Apple Pie Toddler Cereal. I probably can, since he still loves his applesauce. And I have so much brown rice leftover. Heck, yes I think I'll do that later today or tomorrow.

In the meantime, he still has about 2 cups of this oatmeal left. And he loves it. I mean who wouldn't? It's sweet from just the dried fruits I put in there!


Raisin Cranberry Apple Oatmeal
(makes 2 cups)

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 apple, cored, peeled & diced
  • Half pinch of salt

Directions:
  1. Bring milk to a gentle boil over medium heat. Be careful because it'll bubble over very quickly.
  2. Stir in oats, raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg and a half pinch of salt. Cook until oatmeal thickens, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Take oatmeal off the heat and stir in diced apples.
  4. Serve with milk or diluted juice. 

Oatmeal can keep in the fridge for a up to 5 days. Add a splash of milk when heating up to loosen the oatmeal. Otherwise it may be too thick when reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment