Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Cranberry Sauce (with Apple Juice)

Cranberry Sauce (with Apple Juice)
I love cranberry sauce with my turkey. There's something about the tartness that makes it yummier. Mind you, I prefer chicken to turkey so MEH! What do I know? Lol.

Anywho, this was actually a second batch I made. I previously made one using my usual recipe which calls for orange juice. But I was told that I'd probably need way more cranberry sauce, so I made anther batch. Only to find out I have no more oranges left. Whoops. Whatever. I'll just use apple juice instead with less sugar. >:)


Cranberry Sauce (with Apple Juice)
(serves 8-12)

Ingredients:
  • 1 12oz bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup apple juice, not from concentrate

Directions:
  1. In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, mix everything together and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Use a spatula to squish the cranberries, if desired. Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment