Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Jerkless Chicken

Jerkless Chicken
Hubby loves to call this my "Jerkless Chicken" so hence the name. It's got the seasonings (kind of but not really) but I oven roast it instead of putting it on a grill and turning it over and over and over again until it's cooked through. Lazy? I know...but it's how I cook! And it tastes good enough that Hubby wants it weekly so it's all good.

Typically I'll use lime juice in place of (really sour) orange juice and some sort of hot chili pepper in place of the Sriracha, but I didn't have any so I just experimented with this instead. It seems to have been well received. Good thing too cuz that bag of oranges I got that other day was just way too sour. I had to figure out how to use it up before they all went bad. :\


Jerkless Chicken
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 4 skin on boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 large bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp allspice
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 2 Tbsps brown sugar
  • 2 tsps Sriracha
  • Juice of 1 small sour orange
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves

Directions:
  1. Place chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag. Set aside.
  2. In a food processor, puree everything else until smooth(ish) to make a marinade. Pour into the Ziploc bag over the chicken. Zip up and massage to get everything coated. Marinade for 8 hours or overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 375F.
  4. Pour everything into a baking pan or low sided casserole dish, with chicken skin side up - I use a 8" x 8" square Pyrex dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
  5. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment