Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pork Dressing (Stuffing)

Pork Dressing (Stuffing)
So I found out that apparently stuffing isn't called stuffing unless it's stuffed in something while it cook...and if you don't do that it's called dressing. How strange. I suppose it makes sense to not call it stuffing, but it's weird to call it "dressing". Am I supposed to use it to "dress" the food on my plate? Hmmm...English can be such a funny language sometimes.

It's yummy though! Especially if you "dress" it with gravy. HAHA. Or I suppose you can. >_>


Pork Dressing (Stuffing)
(serves 10-12)

Ingredients:
  • 2 lb lean ground pork
  • 3 apples, cored and diced
  • 1 onion, sliced into strips
  • 1/4 loaf of bread, cubed (I used Cheddar & Jalepeño)
  • 2 cups bread crumbs (I grounded up the Cheddar & Jalepeño bread)
  • 2 Tbsps fennel seeds
  • 2 tsps dried oregano
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp red chili flakes
  • 2 Tbsps canola oil (I used bacon grease)
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat up oil over medium high heat. Brown ground pork wish fennel seeds, oregano, cumin and red chili flakes.
  3. When the pork is no longer pink, add in apples and onion strips. Cook until onions are soft and meat is cooked through.
  4. Stir in bread and season with salt and pepper.
  5. Transfer to a casserole dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top layer is golden and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment