Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Balsamic Vinaigrette
This has got to be the world's easiest vinaigrette. I remember a time when balsamic was all the rage. I don't know why it ended. That stuff is awesome. I always use it on some spring greens for a quick salad. Apparently it's pretty good as a dipping sauce for garlic toast. Who knew?


Balsamic Vinaigrette
(makes ~3/4 cup)

Ingredients:
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 Tbsps honey
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Add everything into a mason jar. Shake well until the honey has dissolved. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
  2. Serve over mixed greens or pout into a small plate as dip for bread.

Sometimes I'll use garlic infused extra virgin olive oil if I'm too lazy to mince up some garlic. It's less potent but still really good. Measurements are approximate since some balsamic vinegars are sweeter than others. I had a bottle that was so super sweet I only used about half the amount of honey. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment