Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Steamed Salmon Steak

Steamed Salmon SteakDid I mention I was on vacation and Hubby has to work all day? I feel bad (kinda) but it's one of the rare moments when I actually get to eat the foods I love without feeling guilty that he doesn't like it or needing to make something else for him. Which basically means I'm doing little "woohoo!" dance in my head because I get to eat something I love that he doesn't and not feel anything but pure joy. :)

This is definitely one of those dishes. Hubby doesn't eat salmon unless it's in sashimi form. There's this "fishiness" that he tastes in most fishes, especially the fattier ones. Oh but I love this one. I had it almost all month after K was born. With no soy sauce though, since I wasn't allowed that. Still super yummy though! I love ginger, so I always add more than enough. :)


Steamed Salmon Steak
(serves 1)

Ingredients:
  • 1 (1/2 lb) salmon steak
  • 3 Tbsps soy sauce, divided
  • 2 Tbsps canola oil, divided
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 inch knob of ginger, cut into slivers
  • 2 Tbsps green onion, finely diced
  • 1/2 tsp sugar

Directions:
  1. Set a steamer rack on the bottom of a large pot or wok with enough water so that the dish is suspended above the water surface. Bring water to boil while you prep the fish. 
  2. Sprinkle salt on both sides of the fish. Top with the ginger slivers. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Steam fish for 8-10 minutes, or until the flesh flakes off easily. 
  3. While fish is cooking, combine the remaining soy sauce, canola oil, green onions and sugar in a small dish. Cover with plastic wrap and nuke in the microwave for 25 seconds on high.
  4. When fish is done, pour the nuked soy sauce mixture over the fish. Serve with a side of rice and some veggies.

Obviously cook the fish longer if you have a bigger piece or more pieces. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment