Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Greekish Salad

Greekish Salad
I have fallen in love with Greek Salad. Not really, but it's so yummy and simple. Hubby doesn't like feta nor olives, so it's hard to get my fix some days. Luckily, I had a pot luck to go to sans Hubby and K, so I made some! I forgot to get bell peppers, so hence the "Greekish" vs "Greek" salad name. So just add the green bell peppers to make it a Greek salad! :)

No matter though, since it was still super yummy. If the other foods at the potluck weren't so good, I'd probably have polished this all off. :P


Greekish Salad
(serves 6-8)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 3 large roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup katamala olives, pitted
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 red onion, finely sliced/shaved
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. Rinse the red onions under some cold water and dry off with paper towels or in a salad spinner.
  2. Combine everything in a large salad bowl. Go easy on the salt in case your feta is super salty. Using tongs or your hands, mix well. Season with more salt & pepper, if necessary.
  3. Serve (with more feta cheese if you're a fanatic) as a side. It can be served immediately or made an hour or two ahead.

Rinsing the onion cuts the sharpness and drying it off makes the "dressing" less watery.

Update: So I decided to make this again. Only this time I added orange bell peppers and baby spinach. Yum!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment