Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Meat Pie

Meat PieSuper simple? I think so! It's kind of a cheat recipe really. I mean...packet gravy mix and frozen veggies? AND frozen puff pastry???! Lol. A working mom's gotta do what a working mom's gotta do. Quick and easy meals in a jiffy! :)

I like to use fresh whenever I can (if my cheapo side doesn't rule out) but I can't help but use packet stuff once in a while. I just add to it to make it not so bad. Or at least I'd like to think so anyway. :P


Meat Pie
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, finely diced
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables
  • 1 74g (2.64oz) packet of gravy mix
  • 3/4 cup water
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, defrosted
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Meat Pie Filling
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a large pan, heat up oil and brown ground beef on medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Stir in onions and cook until onions are translucent.
  4. Add gravy mix. Stir well to incorporate into the meat mixture. Pour in water, scraping up brown bits while mixing everything up thoroughly.
  5. Turn off heat and mix in frozen veggies. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
  6. Transfer to a 8"x8" glass dish. Lay puff pastry directly on top of the filling. If there's overhang of puff pastry, let it just go up the sides of the dish. 
  7. Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve with a side salad or soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment